We are a team, she and I. We help each other get through the day. Having my monkey helper Jessica has put me back in a caregiver role again, given me purpose. That renewed purpose distracts me from the pain, loneliness, and isolation I found in the wheelchair.
- MaryAnne, Monkey Helper Recipient
Watch Basic Training to see how our monkeys learn to be such great helpers, and in some cases have figured out how to get more of their favorite treats!
There are many aspects to providing care, training, and placement for a monkey helper. Here are some of our most common expenses and how your donation, regardless of size, can help:
- $25 provides toys, blankets, and stuffed animals for a monkey in training
- $50 provides monkey chow, fruit, vegetables, and training treats for a monkey in training
- $150 can support shampoo, water, towels, and all the necessities to give our monkeys their baths
- $250 can support technology upgrades at the Monkey College, in order to provide the best placement support using internet and online tools
- $500 can support an equipment upgrade for a long-term monkey helper placement
- $1,000 can support travel costs for our Placement Team to travel to a new recipient's home
- $1,500 can help us with ongoing costs to maintain the dorm rooms, kitchen, training rooms, and laundry facilities at The Monkey College
- $3,000 can provide monkey housing and adaptation technology for a new or active placement.
- $6,000 can provide three months of veterinary care and support for the monkeys training at The Monkey College.
- $9,000 can provide one year of training for one monkey learning everyday tasks at The Monkey College.
- $15,000 can provide recipient application support, preparation and placement activities, and one year intensive post placement support.